Sunday 16 February 2014

VINEGAR-FREE HOMEMADE GLASS & FLOOR CLEANER

Most homemade glass/floor cleaner recipes call for vinegar. And I can see why. It's inexpensive. It kills germs. It's safe enough to drink. But if you can't even use it because your husband and kids won't stop complaining about the smell, it's just not going to work. So I switched to an alcohol-based recipe that no one has complained about yet! I think it works better than vinegar and water, which left streaks when I used it. It's super easy to make and it only cost me $0.86 for 24 oz! Streak-free, smell-free, and stress-free. What's not to love?


Vinegar-Free Homemade Glass & Floor Cleaner Recipe

16 oz. water
4 oz. vodka
10-20 drops essential oils (optional)

I used the cheapest vodka I could find. Lately I've been loving pine essential oil in my homemade cleaners for the "clean" aroma and extra disinfecting power. 

What homemade cleaners do you make? 

––––––––––––


Kendra blogs at Our Homemade Happiness and writes about all things homemade, especially cleaners, skincare & healthy eating.  

Kendra Drake
Kendra Drake
Natural & Homemade Contributor




Kendra started her blog after her husband suffered from mono symptoms for over two years and his blood results showed some liver disease.  Since the liver is responsible for filtering out chemicals and toxins from the bloodstream, she started to realize how many chemicals are in everything we buy, from processed food to household cleaners, lotion, and even air freshener.  She has become inspired to rid her home of as many chemicals as she can, one product at a time, and write about it along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment