Sunday 16 February 2014

MY NEW FAVORITE WAY TO DRINK LEMON WATER - THE AQUA ZINGER

I refill it all throughout the day, and usually only use one lemon half a day, sometimes two if I am extra thirsty and find myself filling it up more often. 

....................

 5 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water Every Morning 

Number 1
It balances pH--Lemon is an acidic food, but once metabolized, it becomes alkaline.  I work very hard at keeping my body alkaline.  Why?

To put it most simply, alkalies help keep the oxygen in our blood at a safe pH level, and this helps our body heal itself, assimilate nutrients and fight off unwanted sickness.

Number 2

Benefits of lemon water

If you have read my post, 5 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water In The Morning, you will know I'm a HUGE fan of lemon water.  I feel like I can't function well in the morning without hydrating with lemon water, and I always have it before my cup of coffee in the morning.

two lemon halves

Now that I know about this awesome water bottle called AquaZinger, I have been drinking lemon water all day long!

aqua zinger grinder

This is really the coolest thing.  It is a water bottle that has a built in grinder in the bottom.  It also has a filter, so seeds and chunks stay at the bottom.

Aqua zinger grinder

You simply start by cutting a lemon in half.  I've learned that by cutting off the very end of the lemon, it makes grinding a whole lot easier!  When I first purchased my water bottle, I felt frustrated at how much muscle it took to do the grinding.  Now that I watched the below "tips" video and know the tricks, it is easy and I love it!

Filter of aqua zinger

You then take the filter piece and push it down into the fruit.

aqua zinger grinder and filter

Like so...

aqua zinger water bottle

...then you take the water bottle part and twist it on.  The twisting action is what grinds the fruit.

Grinding a lemon in the aqua zinger

See?  Isn't that so nifty? It really is easy.

AquaZinger bottle

Here is a view inside the AquaZinger bottle.  That filter keeps all the seeds and chunks of fruit from going down your throat!
It keeps skin clear and glowing!   I have noticed this.  Hydration from drinking lemon water is great for moisturizing our skin from the inside out.  Lemon also contains lots of Vitamin C, which helps with wrinkles and blemishes.


Number 3
It kick starts the digestive system--a big glass of lemon water is a great way to start the day.  It encourages the liver to produce bile which in turn aids in digestion.  It increases urination which helps purify it.  It also helps with heartburn and constipation.

Number 4
It helps with weight loss--I have read that keeping the body in an alkaline state helps people lose weight faster.  Lemons are high in fiber pectin, which helps keep one full, longer.  They also have a diuretic effect, which helps with water weight gain.

Number 5
It helps control the coffee habit--I will drink coffee sometimes, but only if I have had my entire glass of lemon water.  Many days I feel like the lemon water wakes me up more than coffee does... 

...which brings me to bonus Number 6:
It helps kick the pop habit--I have found that adding lemon to sparkling water and adding a whole lot of ice satisfies any soda craving I might have.  I gave up soda pop the minute I was diagnosed a year ago, and I really don't miss it.  I don't think I could stand the sweetness of it now, but I DO miss the fizz, so my "Lemon Spritzer"--lemon +sparkling water+ice--is the perfect solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment