Sunday 16 February 2014

AWESOME HOMEMADE ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER

If you read my post on Easy Homemade Glass Cleaner That Smells Awesome, you will know that I am on a Make-Your-Own kick when it comes to cleaners.  I am amazed at how easy, healthful, and inexpensive it is to make my own cleaners, and this Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner is my favorite so far.  I really feel like it has cleaning power, but I love that when I spray it I don't have to hold my breath!  If anything it is the opposite.  It uses lemon essential oil that smells so fresh and clean that it almost makes me WANT to clean....almost.


I chose Lemon essential oil as my scent.  I LOVE any citrus scent.  I got mine at my local health food store, but next time I will be ordering it from Organic Mountain Rose Herbs, where the price is much better!


All Purpose Cleaner
1/2 tsp. washing soda
1/2 tsp. castille soap (I use Dr. Bronners)
2 cups hot water
20 drops essential oil of your choice
_____________
Combine and put into a spray bottle.

Why am I passionate about making my own cleaners?

~it is inexpensive
~they don't contain harsh chemicals
~it is easy
~my daughters asthma instantly got better when we switched to organic cleaners
~I have history of cancer, twice, so the less chemicals my in my body the better
~it is eco friendly
~the ingredients used in one product can often be used in other products which makes it cost effective

No comments:

Post a Comment